Saturday, April 16, 2011

Its the lights, Camera, Action, HOLLYWOOD

FASHION

Ok, when you were young your mother laid out your clothes starting at the earliest age. You didn't know what was going on. And then you get a little older and you start liking nikes, or Jordans, maybe you starting wearing hats and sports jerseys. Thats cool for a while, then you get to a little older and maybe you by your parent buys you a suit, and your like "thanks but not really...". 


However one day you progress into adult hood and you (well "I") start to evaluate style and analyze fabrics, make note of sophisticated looks and you truly start to value your individual FASHION and what you like. I've heard this sense I've been born perception is everything and an individual's dress code can make a serious statement. Velours, cardigans, fitted jeans, v-neck sweaters, slacks, etc you name it a man's wardrobe definitely says something about their personality. I feel like there are steps to elegant dressing and at 23, I'm a young man, growing classy...


 "And I'm so I've evolved, I'm so involved, I'm showing growth I'm so IN-charge. I'm CEO and ya growing god"
Jay Z



AFFORDABLE SHOPPING

Fashion Icon
I learned a lot things as an adolescent, one thing my mother beat into my head was budgeting. Buying anything at an affordable price is absolutely necessary, especially if your income is like mine, non existent. However that doesn't mean you have to dress like a bum. Being attentive to sales and seasons and land you a pretty fashionable clothing selection. Understanding color schemes and illusive colors will allow you to diversify your dress game without having a bunch of clothes. I feel like there are 3 essential colors that you must have, that are appropriate for any occasion; black, white, and greys. These colors are trendy and won't really go out of style. Blacks are sleek, white matches everything, and greys can compliment any color.

BRANDING, NAMES, LOYALTY

Now I try to listen to my elders and the VP of 810 Radio Station and Restaurant, Gary Hailes, told me that the key dressing fashionable in the business world, is developing relationships with tailors and buying things that will never really go out of style. I believe this makes your wardrobe, timeless. And when you think about it, that is so true. So many fashion trends seem to reappear. For example, the double-breasted jacket. Askmen Fashion say's they are coming back in professional trends but thats not me...


http://www.askmen.com/fashion/ 

Brands are important and I don't care what anybody says. Wearing a certain brand can make you feel a certain way, which can increase confidence, and Hell that is half the battle. Whenever I buy something, I like to research the brand. I'm not rich enough to impulse buy so any major purchasing pursuits have to be throughly analyzed. I want to know the history of the company, what makes this product elegant or elite, and how this brand is perceived. Then I compare to my individual tastes and determine if it is truly what I want to buy.

My new designer infatuation is Michael Kors. This American made designer has definitely got some HOT stuff. It's everything I look for in a brand, its exclusive, prestigious, and o ya expensive. I will be strategically adding to my suit collection with little Michael...



Look for me to add these two pieces to the Malcolm Harrison closet ;)



I know I'd look better then both these guys... #smsh

No comments:

Post a Comment